Thursday, December 02, 2010

Thursday 13: Christmas Music

Thirteen tracks from my Advent and Christmas playlist:

1. Christ is Born a Child on Earth (Patricia Spero, from Celtic Christmas Harp)

2. A Christmas Carol Symphony: Rondo Finale (Patric Standford)

3. Dies Natalis (Grimethorpe Colliery Band)

4. Ding, Dong Merrily on High (Maddy Prior, from An Evening of Carols and Capers - just love her voice, and especially her Christmas carols accompanied by Renaissance instruments)

5. Gaudete (Steeleye Span)

6. Improvisation on Christmas Carols: Allegro (Bryan Kelly)

7. Merry Xmas Everybody (Slade - a bit of 70s. It may be loud, but it's cheerful!)

8. O Wisdom Antiphon and Magnificat (London Fox Players, Advent Promise)

9. The Kingdom Triumphant (Sellers Engineering Band - playing this in our band Christmas concert. I end up half dead after playing all the trombone fanfares and full throttle ending, but it is worth it!)

10. Troika / O Little Town of Bethlehem (London Cello Orchestra, A Cello Christmas)

11. Veni, Veni Emmanuel (Hayley Westenra, Winter Promise - stunningly beautiful, ethereal voice)

12. Walking in the Air (Aled Jones - because The Snowman has been part of so many family Christmasses)

13. While Shepherds Watched (Maddy Prior, An Evening of Carols and Capers - I love the violin on this)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love Steel-eye Span's Gaudete. I was a singin' it only this morning.

Sarah said...

I was also pondering today how I'd love to have a pink candle for Gaudete Sunday. I still haven't got my Advent wreath down from the loft though...