Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Picture of Now Meme

I saw this meme at Alicia's Studeo blog, and as I am sitting with my feet up and a sleeping Little Cherub on my lap I thought I'd play ...

A picture of now, between past and future.

1. a. Describe your outfit. Cropped beige trousers, green t-shirt, blue crocs. Coincidentally very much like my Meez.

b. What associations does the main color evoke? Oooh ... green! ... grass, trees, the English countryside in July during a wet summer.

c. Is there a memory associated with that outfit (or part of
it)?
I bought the trousers to take to Corfu in May, so I associate them with holiday memories.

2. a. Are you listening to music? No. It is quiet except for Star shouting downstairs asking where some clothes are, and Angel and Star chatting upstairs.

b. Was this intentional? No. But now I notice the silence I am appreciating it!

c. What does the music make you remember? ----

3. a. Describe the objects within arm's reach. My nice new Macbook. A sleeping baby - very cute, in green cropped trousers and a flowery top, and snoring slightly. Three books: (1) A Weight Watchers cookbook. I defrosted turkey steaks to use for dinner but have no idea what I want to do with them and think I remembered seeing a couple of recipes in this particular book (2) Ladybird's Toddlers: Things I Like Best, (3) The Story of France, by Eleanor Doorly. A little baby hair elastic with a bow, pulled out of hair by the baby. The phone.

b. Choose one object and tell where you acquired it. The Story of France ... bought three years ago to add to my collection of narrative history books for children. A dear friend and I went for a weekend of manic book shopping in Hay-on-Wye, the book town, just before she returned to live in the US.

c. On the whole, are the objects new (memory blanks) or old (memory filled)? A mixture. The Things I Like Best book was one that both Angel and Star liked as Toddlers, so is memory filled, along with The Story of France. The rest are memory blanks. Apart, of course, from the baby, who is a memory in progress.

4. a. What room are you in? The living room

b. To what extent is it yours? Ours. Very much the main family room.

c. What kind of memories will you have in the future of this
room?
Playing, talking, reading aloud, homeschooling, watching TV and DVDS, using the computer, toys, games, laughing, crying, children dancing and doing gymnastics ... children ... family ...

4. What were you doing before starting this post, and what would you like to do next? Playing Who Wants to be a Millionaire online with Star. Next? Unpack the organic fruit and veg box that has just arrived. And yes, the doorbell did wake the baby, who has now been taken off to watch Angel and Star perform gymnastics with beanie babies - beanie baby gym competitions were an old favourite game; Star has just been sorting the beanie babies, so they obviously decided to relive the past.

As I no longer have the sleeping baby excuse, I'd better go and tackle those boxes! And then see if I can find a recipe that will match up any of the vegetables with the turkey steaks.

No tags. If you want to do this meme, go ahead!

1 comment:

love2learnmom said...

What fun, I like your picture too - especially the theme of reliving old memories played out by the beanie babies. :)