Saturday, July 07, 2007

Computer heaven

What a difference a few weeks make! Back at the end of May I was in the computer doldrums, battling with email and connection problems, and hating my Windows Vista laptop which has developed a faulty DVD drive before it was two months old. Now the various problems are resolved, I have returned the laptop and replaced it with one of these ...

Yes, we are now officially a fully converted Mac family, with this little MacBook added to our iMac. No more Windows Vista! If you don't think computers can be cute, take a look at a MacBook ... "it's adorable!" sighed Star as we took it out of the box. It is the slowest, lowest spec version, but we love it.

Our new little beauty is a reconditioned MacBook. Buying reconditioned meant that we paid little more than the refund we received on our cheap Windows laptop - which I bought because I thought a MacBook would be way out of my price range. Since then I discovered that the online Apple Store lists available reconditioned models daily. The prices vary, but all are significantly less than the list price. The computers are either ex-demo or returned under the Apple warranty. Any faulty components are replaced with brand new ones, the machines are refurbished to factory standards, rigorously tested, and come with a one year warranty. The website warns that there may be some minor cosmetic flaws, but ours was immaculate.

The Meez below shows me happily in MacBook computer heaven ...

4 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

Oooh, we have one more thing in common! I just received one of these as well! It is great!

MAB said...

Welcome to Mac world. I have never owned a PC! I am on my fourth Mac, and iBook G4 which is 2.5 years old this month. I know you'll love your Mac. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! That's my exact same computer!!! Mine's even white, too!! The girls just bought laptops over the weekend with their own money they earned from their Comcast commercials. But they both chose PC laptops (they couldn't afford MacBooks).

Catherine

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy it. I absolutely love mine. :)