Monday, September 29, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook: 29th September

For Monday 29th September

Outside My Window ... a bright, breezy autumn day and a mowed lawn.

I am thinking ... of logistics for this evening. I have various children to collect and distribute from dance and Guides, and no car for the later part of the evening as Tevye needs it.

From the learning rooms (school) ... Angel bought home a ten page booklet detailing her curriculum for this term - what she will study, what homework to expect, what we can do to help.

I am thankful for ... my new washing machine. It takes a larger load and will cut the number of washes I need to do significantly. It also tells me exactly how many minutes it has left to run. After a machine that could take anything from 50 minutes to 4 hours, randomly, this is a big deal!

From the kitchen ... honey cake and honey biscuits for Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) which starts this evening.

I am wearing ... dark blue jeans, grey jumper (sweater), blue Crocs, mother-of-pearl disc pendant necklace.

I am creating ... a sweet New Year

I am going ... to have words with whoever put away an "empty" biscuit tin which turned out to be full of chocolate biscuits. Very old chocolate biscuits.

I am reading ... National Geographic

I am hoping ... I can find my iPod Touch. I think it has fallen out of my pocket somewhere in the house. But where? I had it this morning.

I am hearing ... near silence. A very faint hum of traffic and the whirr of the fan on the computer.

Around the house ... new picture books waiting to be put away.

One of my favorite things ... bagels from the Jewish deli. A supermarket bagel is to a deli bagel as cheap instant coffee is to Starbuck's.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ... maybe a trip to the zoo, playing in a brass band concert on Saturday, otherwise just our normal routine. Which is busy enough in itself.

Here is picture thought I am sharing ... finger painted feet!

Check out The Simple Woman for links to other Daybooks and instructions if you want to add your own.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Great daybook, I enjoyed reading it :)