Sunday, August 13, 2006

Homeschooling meme

After being tagged for the book meme and reading Lissa's curriculum posts over at the Lilting House I have been inspired to put the two together and introduce ...

THE HOMESCHOOLING MEME
Let's have some fun sharing homeschooling resources we love, hate, and hope are as good as they look! Here goes ...

1) ONE HOMESCHOOLING BOOK YOU HAVE ENJOYED
Homeschool Open House by Nancy Lande. I love the peek into the daily lives of other home educating families

2) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULDN'T BE WITHOUT
Our library cards.

3) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH YOU HAD NEVER BOUGHT
Miquon Maths. I know many families love it, but I bought it for a daughter who wouldn't use manipulatives for maths. What was I thinking?

4) ONE RESOURCE YOU ENJOYED LAST YEAR
Artistic Pursuits, though we fell apart due to pregnancy and didn't get far with it. That means we can use it again next year :)

5) ONE RESOURCE YOU WILL BE USING NEXT YEAR
Maths 2XL CD-Rom (also available online as Conquer Maths). No more trying to explain maths to Angel. I hope.

6) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY
Catholic Mosaic by Cay Gibson (and all the books to go with it!)

7) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH EXISTED
An up-to-date "living" geography book introducing children to countries and cultures around the world. It should have both vivid literary descriptions and vibrant photos. (Yes, that was in my book meme.)

8) ONE HOMESCHOOLING CATALOGUE YOU ENJOY READING
Sonlight Curriculum. All those lovely books!

9) ONE HOMESCHOOLING WEBSITE YOU USE REGULARLY
4 Real Forums

10) TAG FIVE OTHER HOMESCHOOLERS
The Lilting House
Karen E
Dumb Ox Academy
A Gypsy Caravan
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're going to use Artistic Pursuits this year, and all of the art supplies just came in the mail. The kids are itching to get started!

Karen Edmisten said...

Thanks for the tag! I started my post, and hope to get back to it later today!

Genevieve said...

What a great idea! I'm looking forward to all the potential memes!

Anonymous said...

I was not tagged [boo-hoo] but posted my response on my blog anyway!! http://www.bloglines.com/blog/HopewellMomSchool?id=210

Lisa at http://www.bloglines.com/blog/HopewellMomSchool

Anonymous said...

Kathryn, I am a bit belated to respond to this tag but I will get mine up soon. Thanks!