Tuesday, February 05, 2008

E for Excellent


Meredith of Sweetness and Light has kindly granted me an Excellent Blog Award. Given how long it has taken me to acknowledge her kindness and get around to passing on the award, it was obviously sadly undeserved. As I am trying to put my affairs in order for Lent, I'm finally catching up.

The Rules

By accepting this Excellent Blog Award, you have to award it to ten more people whose blogs you find Excellent Award worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want - even those that have received it already, but please award at least ten people.

My Nominations

Ten blogs picked from my Bloglines for more or less entirely random reasons ... but they are all excellent blogs!

  • As Cozy as Spring for recommending the perfect book for knitting Harry Potter enthusiasts. Oops! No! That should that be knitters who are HP enthusiasts - I don't think a knitted HP enthusiast would work well.
  • By Hand, With Heart for teaching me how to knit socks.
  • Fine Old Famly for decluttering inspiration
  • Frabjous Days for having a gorgeous new Candlemas baby. (What do you mean, that has nothing to do with blogging?)
  • Gladdest Hours for making me laugh. About placentas.
  • Homefront for loving G.K.Chesterton
  • Karen Edmisten for having the most articulate five year old in Blogland. (I'll overlook the fact that she also has the most unoriginal blog name.)
  • LaPaz Home Learning for the beautiful photo in the blog header and inspiring Montessori ideas.
  • The Wine Dark Sea for blogging about Bella, the second cutest toddler I know.
  • You Did What for being the only family I know that can combine a birthday party with cat-flea spraying

7 comments:

Sweetness and Light said...

Aw shucks, it WAS deserving!! And look at all the good ones you've listed :)

Sally Thomas said...

Thanks so much for the honor, Kathryn!

Sally

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you!! I actually clicked over to comment on your knitting site - which I will now go and do. But what a fun surprise! :)

Mary G said...

So, have you posted pix of your socks yet? Socks are like knitting generally -- I think those who do it sometimes create a mystique that it's SO HAD when it fact it's not.

E-holler if you need help.... and thanks for the "E" award!

Shari said...

Wow! Thanks for the Excellent Award! Now if I can just figure out how to get that picture on my blog...

Karen Edmisten said...

Thanks, Kathryn! Now, I just have to see if I'm smart enough to figure out Mary's sock-knitting instructions ....

Romany said...

Thank you Kathryn.