Monday, August 13, 2007

Toddler Days

Yesterday I sat down and planned out a new routine for my toddler days - the time I will have with Little Cherub during school term time. I like my plan :). We will be doing lots of different things, but all at toddler pace. No rushing from A to B.

Once Angel and Star leave for school at 8 I'll spend an hour on housework and laundry, with Little Cherub "helping" (or - more likely - hindering). We may not get much done to start with, but over time it should improve. I hope. After that we will go out for the rest of the morning, somewhere different each day:

Monday - Mass followed by the park
Tuesday - Mass, then a trip out somewhere (the farm, the zoo, the woods, visiting friends, shopping, anywhere else that takes our fancy). If I want to take a day trip somewhere, we can do that on a Tuesday.
Wednesday - visit Grandma
Thursday - Mass followed by the library
Friday - Jo Jingles music and movement class (I used to take Angel to this and she loved it. Star wasn't interested, but I have a hunch Little Cherub will be), then out for lunch with Grandma

I want to be home in time for lunch at 12, followed by a couple of hours quiet time for Cherub to nap while I have computer time or read. On Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays the rest of the afternoon will be free until Angel and Star get home; on Wednesday we will go to the toddler group at our Church, and on Thursday there is Toddler Playtime at the swimming pool so I may take her to that.

I'm planning to walk to as many places as possible, as it is the only way I can see to fit exercise into my routine. I only have the use of the car on Tuesdays and Thursdays anyway, which means that I have to walk the rest of the time anyway. It takes around 30 minutes to walk to the town centre (Church, shops, park, library and so on), so that will give me a fair amount of stroller-pushing exercise.

2 comments:

Kristen Laurence said...

This sounds wonderful, Kathryn. Your special days will be treasured. I was just talking to my husband the other day about taking the car from me so I could get more exercise! :)

Anonymous said...

I've never known a woman plan so much and so often! Ever since I've known you, you've been a planner!

I think you should be able to make a living at it somehow.{g} What about being a consultant who goes into other people's lives and makes their plans for them?

Actually, I like to plan too...LOL!