Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Morning After the Night Before

What happens when a three year old has a bad night and no nap the next day? She sleeps so deeply the next night that she misses bladder signals, that's what.

Quarter past five in the morning is my least favourite time to get up and change toddler beds and pyjamas, as it is too early to want to wake up, but too late to be able to get back to sleep. Ugh.

She still brightens my day with Cherubisms, though, even through the sleep-deprivation fog. Today she brought home a calendar she had made at playgroup. Talking about the calendar led to a discussion of months of the year. What months did she know? ... December ... and June ... and Aylesbury. I explained that Aylesbury is a place, not a month, but she was clearly not convinced!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, hope you get more sleep and that your little one is better soon.

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Recently we've been having a string of 5:30 wake-ups. Like you say, it's late enough that going back to sleep isn't really an option-- though I try to make it happen.

I think it's Sophie waking up Bella, though I'm not positive. It usually turns into a 3-ring circus. This morning I calmed down Sophie and resettled her. Letting her get up then is a BAD IDEA, she really needs that extra hour or so of sleep. Dom meanwhile had to do bathroom duty with Bella. And then once they were both settled I found a very happy Ben cooing in my room and wanting to nurse.

Theresa said...

LOL! That last thing gave me a chuckle.