1. Yesterday was my last day at the archive where I have been volunteering for the last year. I am going to miss it. The people were lovely - very encouraging and always willing to answer my random selection of questions. I am looking forward to getting started on my new job, though. I went on Wednesday to meet my job share partner and go through all the general introductory stuff. Today I am going back for a workshop on cleaning paper and mending small tears, and to meet some of the volunteers who are helping with the project. Then on Monday get properly started on cataloguing.
2. Cherub came home with her first ever school report yesterday. Clearly it has been apparent just how much she has enjoyed this year - they described her as a little ray of sunshine, busy and enthusiastic. I hope next year will be as good for her. She spent Wednesday morning in her new class and was very happy with it.
3. Jennifer at Conversion Diary asked yesterday for birth story haikus. I apologise in advance for the lack of poetic merit in these, but I am never one to turn down a bizarre challenge:
First time excitement
Grinds to a halt. Dazed. Confused.
Birth plan? What birth plan!
Waters break, slow start
Birthing pool, gas and air, then
Wow! Three hour labour
Baby in distress
Tiny little girl
6. This week's minor drama ...
Star's fingers after a close encounter with the hair straighteners and a visit to the minor injuries clinic at A and E. The dressings came off yesterday and the fingers are doing well - a couple of nasty blisters, but not sore any more.
7. And this was Cherub's artistic impression of Star's fingers on the iPad
Read more quick takes at Conversion Diary