1. Do you believe, somewhere deep inside, that blondes do indeed have more fun? That they are "dumber" than brunettes or redheads? Be honest!
I don't think I would have any more fun if I was blonde, so the answer to that is no. I notice the girls talk about their friends having "blonde moments", and the most scatterbrained ones are all blonde. I don't believe that blondes are truly dumber, but I do think social expectation is more tolerant of blondes having scatty moments than it is of brunettes, and that may encourage blondes to act "blonde". Whew! That's heavy going for first thing in the morning!
2. Which animal would you most like to observe in its wild habitat?
3. This week the U.N. announced that Dr. Mazlan Othman has been appointed the official "Alien Ambassador," should any extraterrestrials contact us. Have you, or has anyone you know, ever seen a UFO?
4. Name your favorite Hitchcock film.
The only one I have ever watched was The Birds, which I hated. I think that means I don't have a favourite.
5. Would you rather spend time at the library, the mall, a craft store or home?
All of them. A day with time at each would be wonderful!
6. Which Disney princess is your favorite? (Or Disney character, if you are a guy)
I'm not a Disney princess kind of person, so I couldn't pick one.
7. What kind of art is your favorite?
8. How do you feel about viral videos, that is, videos made by amateurs that end up on Youtube receiving thousands of hits?
Amazing. I love the way the world is opened up by the internet, and viral videos are one aspect of that. The ones that get thousands of hits are often hysterically funny or very moving - what's wrong with spreading a bit of laughter or tugging a few heartstrings on You Tube. And if people don't like them, they don't have to watch.
9. Where do you buy your jeans?
Marks and Spencer. One of the few (only?) places where the jeans fit my shape.
10. Tell me about your first automobile accident.
I was confused by a filtering system at traffic lights and stopped suddenly at a red light - which, as it turned out, applied to another lane. The third car behind me didn't stop and shunted the cars in front into each other and into mine. No injuries but the cars in the middle were rather crumpled, which was most unfair as they were entirely blameless. As the accident took place at one of London's busiest road junctions (North Circular / A1), I singlehandedly caused a fairly spectacular traffic jam.
11. Have you ever been honest when you knew you would benefit more if you would be dishonest?
Yes. I am truthful to the point of stupidity. I have spent time in shops arguing that I owe them money they failed to charge me, and virtually having to force them to take it!
12. If you were appointed "Ambassador to Aliens," what would you show and tell first about life on Earth? What would be the most difficult thing to explain?
Everything would be difficult to explain, so I would give them Dr Xargle. Just the introduction to bizarre earth habits that any alien needs. Here, for example, is Dr Xargle on knitting: "Earthlets grow fur on their heads but not enough to keep them warm. They must be wrapped in the hairdo of a sheep. Very old Earthlings (or "Grannies") unravel the sheep and with two pointed sticks they make Earthlet wrappers ... "