Thursday, June 17, 2010

Random Half Dozen: 3rd Edition

Six cars I have owned
(As a bonus, the first car I drove was a 1950s Austin Cambridge that once belonged to my grandfather. I learned to drive it round the fields on my dad's farm when I was a young teenager. Does anyone else remember driving cars that had a choke?)

  • Vauxhall Viva Estate
  • Austin Maxi
  • Fiat Panda (with leaking sunroof)
  • Ford Fiesta
  • Renault Megane
  • Vauxhall Zafira

Six birthday presents Cherub is enjoying
  • Swingboat
  • Littlest Pet Shop spider
  • Playmobil paddling pool
  • My Naughty Little Sister books
  • Charlie and Lola DVDs
  • Playmobil princess's birthday party set
     
Six toys I loved as a child
  • My teddy, named Elizabeth
  • A rocking horse on springs  
  • Lego (in the days before kits, when it was just bricks)
  • My brother's matchbox cars (we spent hours racing them)
  • Space hopper  
  • Tin spinning top with a handle you pulled up and down to make it spin

Six favourite hymns
(I play modern hymns with our Church music group, but my preference is for the good old-fashioned traditional type.)
  • Soul of my Saviour
  • Guide me, O thou great Redeemer
  • Tell out my soul
  • Thine be the glory
  • Dear Lord and Father of mankind
  • Faith of our fathers

Six favourite flavours
  • Chocolate
  • Caramel
  • Lemon
  • Vanilla
  • Coffee
  • Raspberry

Six Winston Churchill quotes
  • A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
  • If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack.
  • My wife and I tried two or three times in the last 40 years to have breakfast together, but it was so disagreeable we had to stop.
  • Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.
  • Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
  • To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

1 comment:

Nancy Piccione said...

I like these half-dozen, too, and promise to jump in on one of these soon. Thanks for them!