Friday, November 13, 2009

Kitchen Update

Today's minor disaster ... set fire to the oven glove I was using to hold the handle of a pan. No injuries. Also no oven glove.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad you are ok. I once brilliantly used a paper towel to grab a pan hot out of the oven. It immediately went up in flames. That was the last time I did that. :)

MacBeth Derham said...

Makes one long for the days when we could use asbestos gloves without worry.

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

Wow! That would have woken me up right away, no coffee needed!

Theresa said...

My! You ARE talented!

Melanie B said...

Yikes! Glad no one was hurt. I set an oven mitt on fire the other day when I left it on the hot stove top. We have one of those glass-top electric ranges and I'm always using it as extra counter space when I'm prepping food. Bad habit; but space is at a premium in our kitchen.

Debbie said...

Glad you are OK. And if we are all honest with each other then we (I) have to admit that if we have a gas stove we have done this. It was my favorite hot pad, darn it!

Sarah said...

I've set fire to two sets of oven gloves and one grill handle. I am hopelessly dangerous in the kitchen.