Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: Seeing Yellow

I haven't done one of these for a while, so here, for spring, are thirteen yellow things I like ...

  1. Daffodils - my favourite flowers
  2. Buttercups - another favourite. Maybe because I also like ...
  3. Butter - yes, the real, comes-in-a-block, saturated fat stuff. I justify only ever buying the real thing on the grounds that a little butter is better than a lot of low-fat spread. In fact, according to Tevye's biochemist cousin, a little butter is better than even a little margarine, which he wouldn't have in his house. (I'll gloss over the fact that he has since moved on to only using olive oil.)
  4. Sunshine - at least I think I do. Can someone remind me what it looks like?
  5. Sunflowers - big, yellow and beautiful
  6. Smiley faces - because they brighten up dull text much more than :) and ;)
  7. Bananas - yellow superfood
  8. Lemons - lemon sorbet, lemon mousse, lemon cake, lemon chicken, lemonade, lemon squeezed on pancakes ...
  9. Little Cherub's cute duvet cover - now I just need to paint her room yellow to match
  10. Yellow cars - supposedly the safest colour, because they are most visible. I was once the proud owner of a yellow car, until it died of old age.
  11. Golden lion tamarins - aren't these the cutest monkeys? One of my favourites at the zoo.
  12. The yellow brick road - can't you just see me dancing down it, off to see the Wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of Oz .. dum-de-dum-de-dum-de-dum ...
  13. Winnie the Pooh - the original, not the Disney version

1 comment:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

I completely agree on the daffodils and butter. Oh and Pooh bear too.