Thursday, June 29, 2006

Plans for next year

'Tis the season to be planning
Tra-la-la-la-laa, la-la-la-laa ...

I had managed to do most of my curriculum planning for our next school year pre-baby, but never got round to sharing what I had planned. (Oh, how I love planning! If only I was a quarter as good at implementing them as I am at producing pretty plans and schedules!) Over the next couple of weeks I'm intending to add a series of subject-by-subject posts on what I have lined up for Angel and Star, as and when I have at least one hand free to type with. Before reading them, I highly recommend checking out this post on keeping your eyes on your own work from Real Learning. Bear in mind the plans I am posting are specific to my particular children, taking into account their various strengths and weaknesses. The particular combination I hope will work for us would very likely not work for others. Come to that, at least some ideas will turn out less well in practice than I hope and need to be changed as we go through the year. But hey! Plans are there to deviate from ... they just give me the structure I need to make sure something educational happens!

No comments: