To encourage myself to read more this year and get plenty of use out of my Kindle I am copying Faith and taking part in the 52 Books in 52 Weeks reading challenge. The rules are:
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012
- Our book weeks begin on Sunday.
- Participants may join at any time.
- All books are acceptable except children books.
- All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
- Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2012.
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Create an entry post linking to this blog.
- Sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post.
- You don't have a blog to participate. Post your weekly book in the comments section of each weekly post.
- Mr. Linky will be added to the bottom of the weekly post for you to link to reviews of your most current reads.
To add a little spice I am going to add in the A to Z mini challenge:
Challenge yourself to read books alphabetically by Title and/or by Author. Have fun searching out those difficult letters. For titles, the letter doesn't have to be the starting word. It can be any word in the title, but to make it more challenging try to find one that starts with the letter. This year I am making a bit more challenging by discounting any book that started with THE. For authors, it can be their first name or last name. Have fun with it and be creative.I don't want to be over ambitious so I am going to go for the 26 books by title option, with the word anywhere in the title. I looked through the books I have already downloaded to my Kindle or have on my wishlist and can already cover most of the alphabet. This extra challenge will help me with the potentially paralysing choice of deciding which book to read next by narrowing it right down for me.
A to Z by Title - Commit to 26 Books
A to Z by Author - Commit to 26 Books
A to Z by Title and Author - Commit to 52 Books
First up ... A is for At Home by Bill Bryson.