1. Do you prefer to read the book or see the movie?
Read the book ... but I do enjoy seeing movie versions of favourite books, so long as they stick closely to the plot and the spirit of the original. And sometimes seeing a movie inspires me to read or re-read the book.
2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
I'm guessing that as these questions come from the other side of the Atlantic, that this means "holiday" as in Halloween, rather than "holiday" as in vacation which is what it would mean over here. Assuming I have got that right, then my favourite holiday is Christmas. I am totally a Christmas person!
3. Which do you like better - the mountains or the beach?
The beach, because I tend to like being lazy on holiday rather than active. Having said that, I would love to go to the Swiss Alps.
4. If money were no consideration, what vehicle would you drive?
I'd like a Ford S-Max. We had one on loan while our car was in the garage and loved it. Way out of our price range, though.
5. What is your favorite cold-weather beverage?
6. How do you communicate most often with your friends: phone, email, text, face-to-face, or Facebook?
Definitely Facebook, apart from a few local friends that I tend to see regularly face-to-face.
7. How do you receive your mail? Mailbox on the porch, at the end of the driveway, down the street, or post office box?
Through a letter box in the front door, straight onto the door mat. I can't imagine having to go out to collect mail!
8. Of the four basic personality types - sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic, and choleric - which is your strongest? Which is your least evident? (See definitions below.)
Strongest - sanguine, with a dash of choleric. Least evident - melancholic.
9. What do you miss the most about being 20?
Being able to get up from the floor without creaking and groaning.
10. How long from the time you get up, does it take you to get ready to walk out the door in the morning?
I can do it in fifteen minutes - showered, hair washed and dried, dressed, and Cherub dressed. I catch up on breakfast later. Anything to buy an extra few minutes in bed.
11. Who handles the car maintenance and pays the bills in your family?
Tevye. For which I am hugely grateful.
12. For those in the US, how many states have you visited? For those outside the US, how many provinces/other countries have you visited?
I think twelve, including Wales, Scotland and the Channel Islands.
Visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee for more Random Dozens