1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart "go-to" meal to fix in a pinch?
Spaghetti bolognese. I nearly always have meat in the freezer, a jar of sauce in the cupboard, and spaghetti or some other sort of pasta to hand. And if I don't, I can scrounge some from my neighbour. Brown meat, add sauce, cook spaghetti. Can't go wrong.
2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.)
3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting?
This hotel in Appleby, Cumbria (between the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales).
4. Share one factoid of your family's history.
According to my mother's genealogy research, in the mid-nineteenth century three brothers from my father's family all spent time incarcerated in Aylesbury Prison. Not sure why, and not sure if they were all inside at the same time!
5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I ...."
... tried to teach myself Dutch. I have no idea why, and I didn't get very far.
6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be?
Champagne. I love champagne but it is a rare treat. But then again, I love Pimms and lemonade, so maybe Pimms? Do I have to choose?
7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is ...."
I hate heights but love roller coasters.
8. You have one
There is only one possible choice. Chocolate.
9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is ...."
Watching Cherub and her Little Friend N together. We call them The Odd Couple.
10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal?
I can't think of a single thing! I'm not big on personal goals. Is that bad?
11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else?
Tidy the heap of clothes on Star's bedroom floor for her.
12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon?
A three day family trip to Brighton during the school half-term break (beginning of June).
You can find more Random Dozens at 2nd Cup of Coffee.