1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
Do hiking boots that I have had for nineteen years count?
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?
A little American English / British English translation needed here ...
Girl Scouts (US) = Girl Guides (UK)
Cookies (US) = Biscuits (UK)
Girl Guides do not sell biscuits, so the answer must be no.
3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?
Absolutely not, on both counts. I'd rather play the music than dance to it.
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?
I was a horribly, atrociously irresponsible teenager, and I am so, so glad that I am not my poor mother, for whom I now feel acute sympathy. My children are far more responsible (so far, at least) than I was, proving that there is no justice in life.
5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?
Of the films nominated for best picture, none - not even Avatar, which I wanted to see but never got around to.
6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?
Watch someone else!
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Most days have something I particularly like about them, but also other not so good bits. On balance I think my favourite might be Monday. Tevye goes off to work, the girls go off to school and playgroup and I get a blissful two hours to myself to breathe. I enjoy having everyone home at the weekend, but weekends are usually busy (or chaotic) and that time to recharge on Monday morning is a true luxury. On Monday afternoon I usually do the supermarket shopping, so back to earth with a bump.
8. Do you miss anyone right now?
My adopted aunt died when I was thirteen, but I still miss her.
9. Do hospitals make you queasy?
10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.
John Lewis, closely followed by Marks and Spencer, Next and Ikea.
11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?
Only if they have an apple on them.
12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?
I'm not a natural eye contact person and would prefer to stare at the floor in both cases.
Find more Random Dozen's at 2nd Cup of Coffee.