This is going to be a lazy holiday, with lots of time on the beach - playing with Cherub, swimming, and curled up with a good book (I hope!). Thassos is a small island without much to see or do, which suits us just fine. If you are American and wondering why we would go all the way to Greece just for a beach holiday, there is a simple two word answer ... British weather.
I have been collecting books to take, and after a splurge with the Book People this is my current reading list (still time to add a couple more!) ...
- Baking Cakes in Kigali by Gaile Parkin
- Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday
- The Independence of Miss Mary Bennet by Colleen McCullough
- The Rose of Sebastopol by Katherine McMahon
- The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud
- Ithaka by Adele Geras
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (re-read)
Now please help me choose ... what should I start with?