Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: Doubled

Two for the price of one today ... I saw this alphabet meme at the S/V Mari-Hal-o-Jen

A is for age:
Only 28 months to go until I hit fifty. Eek! My head says about 32! I only wish my body agreed.

B is for burger of choice:
Cheese and bacon burger. Calories? What are calories?

C is for what kind of car you drive:
Vauxhall Zafira. It isn't pretty, but it is friendly and obliging.

D is for your dog's name:
I'm allergic to dogs and Tevye is not a dog person. As a child we had dogs called Jock, Patch, Bess, Judy and Lassie. I wouldn't say originality in choosing pet names was a strong suit.

E is for essential item you use everyday:
My laptop.

F is for favorite TV show at the moment:
Grand Designs, in which people build their dream house. Something I am never likely to do, but I get vicarious pleasure watching other people.

G is for favorite game:
Scrabble

H is for Home State:
Does county count? Buckinghamshire, though I now live a few hundred yards over the border in Bedfordshire.

I is for instruments you play:
Funny! I just realized I have learned a new instrument every decade of my life! Piano and violin to start, then added viola in my teens, organ in my twenties, flute in my thirties, and baritone (brass instrument slightly smaller than a euphonium) in my forties. I also play guitar a bit. What should I learn in my fifties?

J is for favorite juice:
Pink grapefruit

K is for whose butt you'd like to kick:
Whoever is responsible for the Early Years Foundation Stage of the National Curriculum.

L is for last restaurant you ate at?
A carvery pub

M is for your favorite Muppet:
None. I'm not a Muppet fan

N is for Number of Piercing:
2

O is for overnight hospital stays:
Five. Tonsils, orthodontic surgery, three babies.

P is for people you were with today:
My husband and daughters. Usually I have a cup of tea with my neighbour after she finishes work before the girls get home from school, but I have to take Star shopping after school.

Q is for what you do with your quiet time:
Blog

R is for biggest regret:
That I was such an utter pain in my pre- and early-teens. My poor Mum!

S is for status:
Very married

T is for time you woke up today:
6.30, thanks to Little Cherub - quite late by her standards, early by mine.

U is for what you consider unique:
My ability to give completely random answers to questions I haven't listened to without realising I have done it. When you have children this can be a Very Bad Thing.

V is for vegetable you love:
Roasted parsnips

W is for worst habit:
Saying "just a minute" and taking ten (or more)

X is for x-rays you've had:
Dental and a foot injury as a teenager - turned out to be sprained not broken

Y is for yummy food you ate today:
Yesterday (it's a bit early today) ... Dorset apple cake I baked yesterday afternoon. Shame none of it lasted until today.

Z is for zodiac sign:
Libra

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see, a new instrument... a Dulcimer, hammered or not? A Cello? Oh, oh! I know! An accordian!
LOL!

Paper Dali said...

I love reading memes. Thanks for posting and let us know a little more about you.

But parsnips? Really?

The Bookworm said...

Cello I can play a bit already ... treating it as a kind of overgrown, upside down violin ;). Accordian might be an idea! And I have a bit of a hankering for a harp.