Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Meme

I've seen this meme a few times but never got round to doing it. I was finally spurred into action by reading it today at You Did What?

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Paper. Occasionally recycled gift bags ;).

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. Tevye has an uneasy relationship with Christmas trees which would not be improved by needles underfoot.


3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually a week or so before Christmas. I like the idea of doing it on Christmas Eve, but have never managed to hang out that long.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Epiphany or the day after if I don't get round to it on January 6th. I'm a firm believer in celebrating the full Twelve Days of Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog?
I've never tried it. I'm not even sure exactly what it is. Do you drink it?

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I can't remember a single one! I think almost all our toys were either birthday or Christmas presents, so I'm sure some of my favourites must have arrived at Christmas - I just have no idea which ones. I only remember the general excitement of unwrapping.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Two. A soft, squishy plastic toddler one bought from the Early Learning Centre when Angel was little. It surfaced from the maelstrom of stuff that has swamped our garage just in time to use with Little Cherub. The other is a Playmobil nativity set. One day I hope to graduate to a proper grown up one!

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Michael, who doesn't do "stuff". Which means the stuff mountain we have accumulated over the years is entirely my responsibility.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Angel.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I don't remember receiving anything I positively disliked.

11. Mail or email Christmas Cards?
Mail. Usually late.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Box of Delights. Though as it was originally a TV series I'm not sure it counts?


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas ?
Usually September or October. I don't have a great deal of shopping to do, and I like to spread it out not end up with a last minute rush.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Christmas pudding with custard, cream and brandy butter. All at once.

16. Clear lights or colored on the trees?
Clear until last year, when I splurged and bought a bigger, better set of coloured lights.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Hark the Herald Angels. Sung in a full Church with the organ at full throttle.


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Rudolf. Donner and Blitzen. Prancer and Dancer. That's it. How many should there be?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Tacky and rather squashed tinsel star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning. Stockings (small) first thing, then the rest after breakfast.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Shopping mania, especially in large shopping malls. An annoyance I can now avoid thanks to online shopping.


23. What I love most about Christmas?
Everything. Apart from shopping mania.

24. Most difficult thing about Christmas?
Shopping mania.

25. Favourite Christmas Tradition?
Midnight Mass (which I rarely get to these days).


No comments: