Tuesday, June 08, 2010

The Handwriting Project

I was tagged by Melanie at The Wine Dark Sea for this meme:

Here's how the project works:

Write down the following, snap a picture (or scan the document), post it, and tag others.

1. Name/Blog Name
2. Right handed, left handed or both
3. Favorite letters to write
4. Least favorite letters to write
5. Write: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
6. Write in caps:
CRAB
HUMOR
KALEIDOSCOPE
PAJAMAS
GAZILLION
7. Favorite song lyrics
8. Tag 7 people
9. Any special note or drawing
Handwriting is not my strong point, but I'm giving it a go anyway. I used plain printer paper, which was what I had to hand, and a black Pentel EnerGel pen, which was the only halfway decent writing implement around. If I'm doing a lot of writing - taking lecture notes, for example, or writing in a journal or notebook I prefer to use a proper fountain pen. I haven't used one for a while, which means I can't have been doing much handwriting.

Here are my answers ... it should be possible to enlarge the picture by clicking on it. Not the best photo I'm afraid, with a spot on the left blurred by the flash.

1 comment:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Kathryn,

Thanks for playing along! I like your handwriting. It's very clear and it has character.

You've made me curious now about how teaching handwriting may affect my own.