Tuesday, April 08, 2008

April's Shower of Photos: Day 8

These horse chestnut buds are just about to burst into leaf. The camera's "simple" (idiot-proof!) setting has an option for backlit shots, which works beautifully to get a clear picture of the subject. It may be a little light - unless I just have my monitor set too bright.

Taking this series of photos has reminded me just how pleased I am with this camera. I checked, and it is a Panasonic DMC LS60. For a cheap, entry-level digital camera, being operated by an unskilled photographer, I think it does an excellent job. This is the review that convinced me to buy it (I was originally looking at a Kodak which got less than stellar comments).


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a clear photo! The details are terrific.
Using a camera you like is a great feeling, isn't it? The more I learn about mine the more I like it too.

Melanie Bettinelli said...

I'm really enjoying your photos. Makes me want to get out and about with my camera again.

Mary Machado said...

Wow! I've been really wanting to do this with some buds as well, but having trouble. I need more work on my macro skills.

Anonymous said...

I like this photo a lot! If you haven't already, can you find the image of a sleeping animal? *Hint* He's in the middle.