Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #2: Gadgets I couldn't live without

OK, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but all of these make my life easier or more fun.

1. Bamix food processor ... I inherited mine over twenty years ago and it is still going strong. I use it for everything.

2. Bread maker ... I really should get back into the habit of using it regularly instead of occasionally

3. Digital camera ... the useless photographer's friend. If it doesn't work first time, try and try again.

4. Printer-scanner-copier ... how did I ever homeschool without one?

5. Rechargeable electric screwdriver ... no blisters however much flatpacked furniture needs assembling.

6. Wine cooling sleeve ... from room temperature to chilled in ten minutes.

7. Baby bath seat ... she loves it, we love it. No more trying to cling on to a wriggling, slippery small person.

8. Clip-on book light ... if I can't sleep I can read without disturbing Tevye.

9. Memory stick ... for moving files easily between computers.

10. MP3 player ... I am trying hard not to covet an iPod

11. Mobile phone ... I used to despise them, but now I'm hooked. I think it was those Orange free texts deals that did it.

12. Pampered Chef toaster tweezers ... what? I hear you ask. Yep. Bamboo toaster tweezers. No more burnt fingers trying to fish those just-too-small crumpets or pittas out of the toaster. And no risking electrocution by trying to prise things out with a knife.

13. Paint rollers ... transform a room in the blink of an eye, and so cheap you can throw them away instead of spending hours washing the paint out. (Maybe it isn't very environmentally friendly to treat them as disposable, but I have never succeeded in getting one clean, so I have now shamelessly given up trying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list!! Where do you find a wine cooling sleeve? Never heard of that, but dh would use one!

Catherine

The Bookworm said...

Catherine, this is it:
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!3475